About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product, WhatJobs, attracts millions of job seekers worldwide. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment to be a Business Development Manager. Reporting to the International Sales Manager, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to several cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase the size of our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
As a Business Development Manager, you will serve as the face of the company to prospective customers. You’ll be the first line of communication between the company and prospects. As a BDM you will share our message, build professional relationships, and generate new business for the company. Great BDMs will also impact other areas of the company beyond sales including marketing, support, and operations. The best BDMs can be promoted to Sales / Account Managerial positions for an even greater impact on the business.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 51 countries, it plans to add another 15 in 2022. Dealing with clients and staff from all over the world, the ambitions of What Digital (Ireland) can help rocket your career.
We believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our team to take ownership of their roles, to act as the owner and be a significant team player. It’s an opportunity to work with a multilingual workforce and a business-led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a company we are all proud of.
- Identify and prospect new potential clients.
- Research companies to determine fit.
- Reach out to prospects to gauge interest.
- Initiate contact with prospects through phone calls, email, and LinkedIn.
- Make around 50-80 cold calls per day.
- Schedule and manage high-quality meetings and product demonstrations.
- Create and develop new opportunities for your pipeline.
- Follow-up with potential customers who were interested but did not buy.
- Develop new sales strategies based on personal successes and failures.
What do you need?
- A minimum of 3+ years of sales experience with at least 1 year of experience in an international sales environment. Ideally, you will come from a background in Job boards, recruitment-related, classifieds, pay-per-click, programmatic or other digital marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Good understanding of online advertising.
- Have a passion for excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Any international second language will be highly advantageous.
- Great number sense and mathematical ability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience collaborating with internal and cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in negotiation and persuasion.
- Patient and able to practice good phone etiquette.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, action-oriented and driven by money.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Great active-listening skills
- Excellent salary & be part of a bonus scheme.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- International travel to meet with colleagues, management and networking events.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.