About What Digital (Ireland) Ltd
What Digital (Ireland) is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched in London in 2011, our flagship product, WhatJobs, attracts millions of job seekers worldwide. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment to become our Finance Controller reporting to the UK head office. Our ambition is to increase our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America, effectively quadrupling the current turnover by the end of 2023.
What is this job?
You’ll be taking full responsibility for day-to-day and month-to-month accounting. You will also be tasked with producing financial reports, liaising with external accountants, researching, and exploring new opportunities to help improve the business through its growth.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 51 countries, it plans to add another 15 in 2022. Dealing with clients and staff from all over the world, the ambitions of What Digital (Ireland) can help rocket your career. In this role, you would be the ‘ Go-To Person’ for internal financial & accounting inquiries.
We believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our management team to take ownership of their roles to act as the owner and be a significant team players. It’s an opportunity to work with a multilingual workforce and a business led by dedicated and passionate founders who aim to create a company we are all proud of.
- You will prepare statutory and month-end reporting to given deadlines.
- You will create sales invoices each month and review payment cycles.
- You will take ownership of supplier payments.
- You will help develop better financial processes and systems.
- You will prepare VAT returns.
- You will provide and analyze results to inform the board regularly of the company’s financial performance.
- You will manage the credit control process.
- You will manage payroll & company pension scheme.
- You will support the directors with budgeting.
What do you need?
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- You will need experience with global accounting, including handling multiple currencies.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience either as a finance manager or finance controller.
- Strong ability to understand financial data.
- You must be Technically adept and have at least three years of experience using Sage, Xero, Oracle, or similar cloud-based accounting software.
- You must have a proven track record of working to deadlines.
- Have a passion for excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent mathematics skills.
- The ability to produce detailed management accounts.
- Experience in working with external chartered accountants for year-end submissions.
- A good understanding of Irish tax law.
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible attitude.
- Be highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, action-oriented, and driven by making a difference through your suggestions and skills.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership, and making decisions.
- You must have solid adaptive skills.
- Excellent salary & be part of a company performance bonus scheme.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Chance to build your team and take the next major step in your career.
- Leadership and development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race, or gender. In this vision, businesses and individuals can focus on what matters to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.