About What Digital
What Digital is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product, whatjobs, attracts millions of job seekers worldwide. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job. In 2021 we successfully launched WHATNEWS? A new portal aimed at delivering the very latest employment-related stories for employers and job seekers alike.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment to become our Head of Content. As the Head Of Content, you will be tasked with the complete day-to-day management of the news operation and other content-related projects that are on the future road map.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase the size of our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
We are looking for a creative and passionate person to research, plan, develop and implement our content strategy through WHATNEWS? and other content-related projects. You will be tasked with producing high-quality web content that attracts an audience. This is a varied role that requires several skill sets such as Project Management, Recruitment, Man Management, Social Media Management. More importantly, your ability to learn and grow will be the key to succeeding in this role.
KPIs in this role will include but are not limited to Web Traffic Growth, Subscriber/Follower Acquisitions, and Brand Awarenss through creative writing.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 50 countries and plans to add another 30 in 2022/23, our board’s ambitions can help rocket your career.
We are looking for our management team to take ownership of their roles to act as the owner and be a significant team player. It’s an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual team and a business-led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a company we are all proud of.
- You will provide forecasts, both weekly and monthly.
- You will be responsible for managing & recruiting your own staff, setting targets, training, and motivating.
- You will help develop current content-based systems and implement new processes.
- You will create connections through phone, video, email, social media, professional networking and Linkedin.
- You will provide and analyze results from your efforts & create future target areas for further growth.
- You will become familiar with our proposition, products, and services.
- You will track our competitors and deliver a strategy to grow our market share each month.
What do you need?
- A minimum of 5 years of experience from news or content media background.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Strong ability to understand forecasts and data relating to you and your team’s output.
- You must be Technically adept and have at least two years of experience using Salesforce CRM, Word Press, or similar software.
- You must show a history of producing traffic and subscriber growth through content & or news.
- Good understanding of online advertising.
- Have a passion for writing, learning & self-development.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good mathematics skills.
- The ability to produce detailed reports.
What other skills do I need?
- Web Editor duties and responsibilities.
- Journalism and the ability to research and produce quality news.
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content in good time.
- Relationship building with suppliers, clients, and staff members.
- Supervising visual layout of content.
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy.
- Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content.
- Collating work from a multidisciplinary team of web designers, marketing executives, and writers.
- Use of daily Social Media.
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations.
- Determine and track important KPIs.
- Track and analyze website traffic.
- Keep abreast with new trends in your space.
- Experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of best SEO practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA in journalism, communications, or similar relevant field preferred.
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, and action-oriented.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership, and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary & be part of a bonus scheme.
- Work from home most days.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- International travel to meet with colleagues, management, and networking events.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Endless career growth opportunities.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.