About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product whatjobs attracts millions of job seekers around the world. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment to become our Linux Server Administrator Night Shift. Reporting to the CTO, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to several cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase the size of our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
With close collaboration and support from the Chief technical officer (CTO) the Linux System Administrator position ensures the daily operations of our IT Infrastructure & service smoothly. This position is considered a leadership and responsible role at What Digital Technologies. You will be working with an excellent team to set up and maintain IT Infrastructure cost effectively.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 40 countries and plans to add another 30 in 2021, our board’s ambitions can help rocket your career.
Coming from London, we believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our management team to take ownership of their roles to act as the owner and be a significant team player. It’s an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual team and a business-led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a business we are all proud of.
- Support the globally distributed cloud development and deployment teams by maintaining the cloud infrastructure labs hosted in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Contribute towards optimization of performance and cost of running the labs.
What do you need?
- Good experience and exposure to Cloud Native architecture, development, and deployment on public clouds AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Responsible for Linux server installation, maintenance, monitoring, data backup and recovery, security, and administration
- Understanding of clusters, distributed architecture, container environment
- Experience in networking, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration, and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks.
- Knowledge of several middlewares such as MySql, Apache, etc.,
- Responsible for managing networked storage
- Disaster Recovery and Incident Response Planning
- Configuring/monitoring firewalls, routers, switches, and other network devices
- Extensive working knowledge and fine-tuning for performance in the following areas: Apache, MySQL, HaProxy, Solr
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, action-oriented and driven by money.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary & be part of a bonus scheme.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Enrolled in a company healthcare plan.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.
Hours: 21.00 – 06.00