About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product whatjobs attracts millions of job seekers around the world. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment for a Laravel Developer. Reporting to the COO, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to several cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase the size of our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
From the back end to the front end (or the other way around …) you will build new features for our web platform.
You will write well-structured and tested code that is easy to scale.
You will support your colleagues and let them benefit from your experience.
You will help colleagues set up workshops on their own, take part in the mentoring program or think of completely new training formats.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 40 countries and plans to add another 30 in 2021, our board’s ambitions can help rocket your career.
Coming from London, we believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our management team to take ownership of their roles to act as the owner and be a significant team player. It’s an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual team and a business-led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a business we are all proud of.
- You will develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- You will build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- You will prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- You will utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- You will take responsibility for coding to a high standard with good PHPSpec Documenting
- You will convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- You will assist with documenting the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
What do you need?
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 5 years
- BS/MS equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 7/8 PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- Cloud Experience with GCP/AWS (GCP Preferred)
- AI or MachineLearning Knowledge is a Huge Plus.
- Confident with Agile and Sprint processes
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, action-oriented and driven by money.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary & be part of a bonus scheme.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Enrolled in a company healthcare plan.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- International travel to meet with colleagues, management and networking events.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.
Salary: ₹75000 – ₹1,00,000 per month
Hours: UK shift