About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product whatjobs attracts millions of job seekers around the world. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers worldwide to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment to become our Apache SOLR specialist. Reporting to the CTO, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to several cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase the size of our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
You must have deep technical search-related knowledge and experience.
With close collaboration and support from the excellent team and Chief technical officer (CTO) you will be responsible for architecting, administering and implementing fast response effective search based solutions
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 40 countries and plans to add another 30 in 2021, our board’s ambitions can help rocket your career.
Coming from London, we believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our management team to take ownership of their roles to act as the owner and be a significant team player. It’s an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual team and a business-led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a business we are all proud of.
- We are building the next generation Job search engine. You should be comfortable understanding information retrieval funds and have hands-on experience using Lucene or Solr. Comfortable in changing core Solr code
- Planning, Architecture & Design
- Search Configuration and Development Best Practices
- Index data from structured and unstructured data stores, databases and repositories
- Scaling and Optimizing existing applications
- Operational Best Practices
- Performance Evaluation and Tuning
- Technical Implementation Guidance
- Relevance Improvements
- Upgrade Assistance
What do you need?
- You should have worked on SOLR installation configuration and data import handler.
- Should have strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Self-starter and be able to perform work with minimal supervision direction
- Strong Oral and written skills. Able to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to take ownership; to anticipate and handle critical situations
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, but flexible and collaborative work environment
- Delivery of an automated search and indexing process
- 4+ years(s) related experience
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic, action-oriented and driven by money.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary & be part of a bonus scheme.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- It is an exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Enrolled in a company healthcare plan.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.
Salary: ₹100,000 – ₹125,000
Hours: 10.00 – 19.00