About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product, whatjobs, attracts millions of job seekers worldwide. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers across the globe to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment of a Content Writer and News Editor. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to a number of cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
We are looking for a web designer with some understanding of front-end development (HTML & CSS) as well as knowledge of working inside WordPress. The types of tasks that you will undertake can range from, creating web-based design mock-ups with a high focus on mobile usability, create graphical assets for web / print, working on websites built using WordPress and applying content or design updates, and setting up new WordPress websites for new projects when required.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 40 countries and plans to add another 30 locations in 2021, the ambitions of our board can help rocket your career.
Coming from London, we believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our staff members to take ownership of their roles where you will act as the owner and also be a significant team player. This is an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual global operation and a business led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a workplace which we are all proud of.
What You’ll do:
- Create visual design mock-ups using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator for Web UI/UX and graphic design elements such as for web advertisement, poster prints and custom-made graphics for web use.
- Export and provide web friendly assets as required by the development team, ensure that images meet reasonable sizing and quality expectations and follow the correct naming convention.
- Work on the visual aesthetics for some websites in WordPress using the CMS and custom coding when required.
- Perform consistency checks across several websites and check to ensure that web pages display / function correctly on mobile.
- Use JIRA to receive and manage your tasks that have been assigned to you or create new tasks for other members of the team when needing support in other areas, E.G, web development / text content for new web pages.
- Attend meetings using Google Meet on a weekly-basis or as and when required.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- A strong understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Is aware of / uses the inbuilt browser inspector tool.
- Proficient in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A basic understanding of working inside WordPress.
- An understanding of UX for the web, partially on mobile devices.
- An understanding of responsive design and designing for mobile.
- An online portfolio showcasing web & graphic design.
The following skills are nice to have but not required:
- A basic understanding on using the Divi WordPress theme.
- A basic understanding using Balsamiq.
- A basic understanding of Bootstrap
- A basic understanding of SEO.
- A basic understanding using JIRA
- An understanding on using Adobe Premiere / After Effects.
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic and action-oriented.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Enrolled in a company healthcare plan.
- International travel to meet with colleagues, management and networking events.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that really matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.
Salary: ₹50,000 per month
Evening shifts in line with UK hours