About What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
What Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd is one of the world’s fastest-growing online job search specialists. Launched from London in 2011, our flagship product, WhatJobs, attracts millions of job seekers worldwide. Every minute of every day, we help our users connect with employers across the globe to find their perfect job.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for our next appointment as a Content Writer and News Editor. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be supported through your growth and provided with access to a number of cutting-edge tools. Our ambition is to increase our footprint over the next 18 months in Europe, Asia, North American & South America.
What is this job?
We are looking for a front-end Web UI Designer/Developer with a strong understanding of HTML, CSS, WordPress and Mobile usability to work alongside our development and design team.
What makes this job special?
What Digital is growing fast. Covering 40 countries and plans to add another 30 locations in 2021, the ambitions of our board can help rocket your career.
Coming from London, we believe in a different way of doing things. We are looking for our staff members to take ownership of their roles where you will act as the owner and also be a significant team player. This is an opportunity to work with a young, multilingual global operation and a business led by dedicated and passionate founders whose aim is to create a workplace which we are all proud of.
What You’ll do:
- Create visual design mock-ups using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator for Web UI/UX and graphic design elements such as for web advertisement, poster prints and custom-made graphics for web use.
- Create and set up new WordPress websites.
- Setup child themes.
- Apply visual aesthetics to web pages using the Divi builder alongside your knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Build web pages from web design mock-ups.
- Investigate and fix display issues that appear on webpages across various devices.
- Investigate WordPress plugins that can be used to enhance the performance of the website or add desired functionality.
- Create tickets in Jira to highlight bugs for the development team to investigate.
- Create tickets in Jira should the need arise for an image asset to be designed. (Banners, thumbnails, post images, etc.)
- Ensure the consistency of branding and styling throughout the website.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- HTML & CSS. (3 Years exp)
- WordPress (3 Year exp)
- CSS Media queries / Responsive design (3 Years exp)
- Two web links to WordPress websites you have built.
- An online portfolio showcasing web & graphic designs skills with working website examples.
- Working with version control and template engines.
The following skills are nice to have but not required:
- Divi WordPress theme.
- AMP theme compatibility design in WordPress
What personal characteristics should I have?
- You must enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude where clocks are only for decorative purposes.
- Be highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Be ambitious, energetic and action-oriented.
- Enjoy building strong relationships, taking ownership and making decisions.
- You must have strong adaptive skills and common sense where thinking on your feet is second nature.
- Excellent salary.
- We work from brand new custom-built offices in Central Bangalore.
- Enrolled in a company pension plan.
- Enrolled in a company healthcare plan.
- International travel to meet with colleagues, management and networking events.
- Development training throughout your career.
- An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business.
Every day we strive for digital innovation to create a world where access to our products is readily available for everyone regardless of location, age, race or gender. In this vision, both businesses and individuals can focus on the things that really matter to them.
We are a people business, and the more people our products engage with, the closer our future becomes.
Have you heard enough? Apply online today for an immediate interview.
Location: Full time office based in Bengaluru, Karnataka
Weekdays 11am to 7pm
Salary ₹ 6,00,000.00 per year